Tesco workers’ case is heard by Labour Court
The Labour Court heard this morning (Monday, January 29th) from both Mandate & Siptu Trade Unions and Tesco Ireland management in relation to two outstanding claims made by the Unions on behalf of their members employed in Tesco Ireland.
The two cases include:
- A 3% wage increase for 2017
- An additional 500 full time jobs
- A wage increase weighted in favour of those on the lower hourly rates of pay
- A review of current weekly hours
- A claim for outstanding pay increases for pre-1996 staff that have already been paid to all other staff in 2015, 2016 and 2017.
The Court has now entered into deliberations and their recommendation is expected in the coming weeks. All Mandate & Siptu members working in Tesco will be informed of the outcome as soon as it is available.